WELCOME
Greetings! My maternal 5th great grandfather was James Humphrey, a Private in Jessup's Loyal Rangers during the American Revolution who afterward, in 1784, settled with his family near Johnstown, Ontario. He is my earliest identifed ancestor to live in what later became the country of Canada. I am a retired lawyer, genealogist, and historian who has authored 14 books, seven about United Empire Loyalists. As well I have been a volunteer with the United Empire Loyalists' Association of Canada and several other heritage groups.
There is monument, pictured above, in a small park at Johnstown, Edwardsburgh / Cardinal Township, Ontario with a plaque listing the names of United Empire Loyalists who settled in the area including my ancestor James Humphrey.
Here I share some of what I have learned relating to the history of the United Empire Loyalists in the hope it is of interest and useful to others.
Further Reference:
Books by Brian McConnell on Amazon in Kindle, Paperback, and Hardcover format
Articles by Brian McConnell on Academia
Videos by Brian McConnell on YouTube
